LANGUAGE & CULTURAL PROGRAMMES IN LYON
English & French courses in Lyon with cultural programme & activities
Other languages also available
Language Education Center Afterschool - Courses registered at the RNCP, Datadock, & INTERCARIFOREF, certified by the University of Cambridge for the BULATS
City center : Lyon: 4 rue de la République, outside the Hôtel de Ville metro station & car parks
-English or French courses
Cultural courses in English or French
& weekend activities
USEFUL INFORMATION & ACCOMODATION
-Large choice of accomodation
-UNESCO world heritage sites
Capital of gastronomy
Culture & museums
NATIVE LANGUAGE TEACHERS
Opened or closed groups in English
Closed groups in French
ANY DATE - ALL YEAR
English or French intensive courses in Lyon, or other foreign language, and cultural programme in Lyon.
STANDARD PROGRAMME :
- Intensive Language or/and Cultural course, 15 hours tuition per week, in French, English, or any other language, with qualified native teacher,
- 1 cultural evening per week with bilingual guide teacher (2.5 hours),
- visit of the famous 'traboules' (2 hours during opening hours),
- 2 hours individual media learning per week per participant,
- Program of cultural activities, visits, and excursions in Lyon and the area provided by the official office of Tourism in Lyon, with suggestions of visits & cultural activities,
- unlimited access to Elearning,
- Flexible course content (standard, business, exam preparation, or conversation),
- course material
- free for group leader (1 per 6 participants)
- pre-confirmation of accomodation for the group travelling on the same dates, after receipt of your choice and total budget and per participant: (minimum 2 weeks before arrival, and depending on availability).
English or French intensive course in Lyon, or other foreign language intensive course, and cultural programme in Lyon.
Cultural programme provided by the official office of Tourism in Lyon, with suggestions of visits and cultural activities.
Afterschool is a certified language school, offering programmes in Lyon and abroad. Afterschool is also a certified Agency and was accepted by Study World in 2008, by ICEF in 2010 , & by IALC in 2011.
Afterschool has been offering tuition in all languages, and all destinations, as well as professional courses, and secondary school support with individual follow up and orientation since 1998 in Lyon.
Afterschool also offers :
- 24hour access to Elearning in English,
- 24 hour on-line english exam preparation,
- on-line cultural and cinema workshops in English & French,
- on-line English & French speaking films / cinema,
- Cambridge BULATS exam,
Programmes for under 18 :
Group leaders are required for minors: 1 per 6 participants (with 50 % qualified group leaders minimum).
Students are under the responsibility of Afterschool during language classes at 4 rue de la République, à Lyon 1er.
Students are under the responsibility of their group leader during the rest of their stay, including during cultural activities and visits with a guide from Afterschool.
All year. Check availability.
Suggested events in Lyon :
Lights festival (8 december weekend - 4 days, each year)
English speaking cinema festival (February)
French speaking Lumiere cinema festival (October)
Additional options :
Choice of accomodation in hotels, residences, B&Bs, or host families,
Evening courses in restaurants : mini-group or one to one, or two to one.
- confirmation of accomodation and payment of deposit: 200€ per group travelling on the same dates (minimum 2 weeks before arrival, and depending on availability),
- private tuition: 40€ / hour,
- BULATS exam in English: 65 € / student, 5 participants per session).
- programme for weekend in the Beaujolais area. Vineyard and cave tour, accomodation in a farmhouse, bed & breakfast, hotel, or gite: weekend planning & bookings:250€ (no meal included, no accomodation included),
- 1 cultural visit with native guide teacher (3 hours during opening hours, including transport time): 450€
- 1 cultural evening with native guide teacher (2.5 hours): 360€.
Language course and programme of activities for adults, students, or teenagers of 15 +.
Number of participants per class : 10 maximum. Level test assessment.
Useful information :
Accreditations & registrations :
Registered at the Rhône Préfecture on 28.10.1998 : N°0691042941.
Advertised on the Official Newspaper on 28.11.1998.
Registered at the INSEE (Institut National de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques) on 13.03.2001:
N° de SIRET 43491909800013 Code APE 804D Autres Enseignements, Régime de franchise de base, TVA non applicable, article 293B du CGI.
Registered at the DRTEFP on 15.10.1999 : N° 82.69.06511.69 (Direction Régionale du Travail, de l'Emploi, et de la Formation Professionnelle), as Organisme de Formation Professionnelle / Vocational training center.
Accredited at the Rhône Prefecture : N° AG-069-08-0002on 3.07.2008 : Tourism Accreditation for the Organisation & Sale of Language programmes in France & abroad.
Registered at the Directory of travel & tourism / Registre des opérateurs de voyages et de séjours on 06.09.2010 : N° IM069100103, Atout France.
Assurance Professionnelle et Responsabilité civile pour l'activité de Formation auprès de Generali France.
Garantie financière Tourisme auprès de Covea Caution : N° 19189.
Assurance responsabilité civile professionnelle Tourisme auprès de Covea Risks : N° 118264792.
Member of Schools & Agents Network
Member of WEBA Education Network
ICEF screened education Agency in 2010.
ILAC screened education Agency in 2008.
Study World screened education Agency in 2008.